Nagaland Board of School Education (NBSE) Grading System: The Board will use ‘Relative Grading’ for preparing the results of HSLC Examination with effect from the year 2009.
The Nagaland Board of School Education shall conduct the following examinations :
- i. HSSLC Examination at the end of Class XII.
- ii. Class XI Promotion Examination at the end of Class XI.
- iii. HSLC Examination at the end of Class X.
- iv. Class IX Final Examination at the end of Class IX.
- v. Other examinations at any time according to the exigencies of the situation.
NBSE Grading System
Nagaland Board Grades are preferred to marks as it is felt that marks awarded to a student in any subject are subjected to different kinds of errors in evaluation.
The coverage of content in the question paper, the type of questions set, their difficulty value, inter-examiner variability in the standard of marking are some of the factors that affect the reliability of marks.
Hence, it is felt that a student who scores 65 marks out of 100, maybe anywhere in a wide range of 60 to 70 (depending on the error of measurement).
The Nagaland Board has adopted the following scheme for Relative Grading:
|Grade||% of examinees||Terms of performance|
|A+||Top 1%||Truly Outstanding|
|B1||Next 16%||Very Good|
|C1||Next 23%||Above Average|
An example (Please NOTE, it is an example and the distribution of marks in the ranges will change according to the performance of the examinees in that particular subject) of showing the cut off marks for distribution of raw marks on relative grading is shown below:
|Subject||A+ –1%||A1–5%||A2-12%||B1–16%||B2–3%||C1– 23%||C2– 20%|
|English||100 75||74 66||65 57||56 51||50 46||45 42||41 40|
|Maths||100 93||92 81||80 64||63 54||53 46||45 41||40 40|
|Science||100 88||87 74||73 60||59 51||50 44||43 41||40 40|
|SS||100 80||79 69||66 58||57 51||50 45||44 41||40 40|
|AEN||100 75||74 67||66 60||59 53||52 47||46 42||41 40|
- NBSE Question Paper 2020 (Previous Year Exam Papers)
- Class 10th Previous Year Question Paper
- NBSE TextBooks 2020
- NBSE Class 12th Syllabus 2020
- NBSE Class 10th Syllabus 2020